Proactive & Effective Legal Representation
The skilled attorneys at Miriam Ross & Associates, LLC combine our years of industry and business experience with practical legal advice to handle both day-to-day and complex business transactions for all sizes and types of companies, and from all sides of a deal. Our legal team is dedicated to helping business owners navigate the evolving requirements and ever-changing laws and regulations each business faces. As experienced lawyers, we handle the work directly and remain hands-on to provide reliable and responsive guidance that is cost effective.
More specifically, our areas of expertise include:
- Business Formation and Organization (Corporations, LLCs, S-Corp, Not-For Profit)
- Corporate governance, board/shareholder meetings, resolutions, consents, and minutes
- Buy-Sell Agreements
- Commercial Transactions
- Management and Operation Matters
- Regulatory Compliance
- Employment Matters, Policies and Procedures
- Shareholder/Partner Disputes
- Licensing, Collaborations, and Strategic Alliances
- Mergers and Acquisitions
From initial planning to well-established businesses, we are your go-to resource for formation, organization and governance, as well as advising on day-to-day operations and management issues, drafting and negotiating contracts, employment matters and complex business transactions. We work exclusively for businesses. Our law firm has extensive resources and experience to help your business to grow and thrive.
We offer comprehensive business and corporate counseling services for start-ups and well-established businesses who need legal guidance and representation to address the following important matters:
- Business Entity Selection, Formation and Structuring
- Transactional Services
- Buy - Sell Agreements
- Resolution of Majority/Minority Issues
- Employment Matters, including hiring, retention, termination and employee handbooks
- Ownership and Management Succession
At Miriam Ross & Associates, LLC we believe each of our clients deserve legal representatives who possess the practical business experience, dedication, insight, and skill required to handle complex transactions and matters that are necessary to run commercial operations. We help businesses level the playing field against larger adversaries in legal and business negotiations and disputes, and provide an affordable key to the courthouse when necessary.
We are passionate about protecting the interests of clients with the following:
- General Contract Negotiations
- Purchase Terms and Conditions of Sale
- Operational Matters
- Vendor and Supplier Agreements
- Distributor and Sales Representative Agreements
- Franchise Agreements
- Service and Maintenance Agreements
- Equipment Leases
- Consulting Agreements
- Commercial and Other Business Contracts
Licensing, Collaborations, and Strategic Alliances
We understand that securing customer contracts and strategic relationships is critical to the success of your business. We appreciate and understand the importance of these revenue-facilitating arrangements, and we have the depth of experience to assist as you navigate these important relationships and our clients’ aspiration to collaborate to achieve technical, strategic and financial goals.
We partner with our clients in helping to structure, negotiate, and close these key agreements, including:
- Licensing and Distribution Agreements
- Supply Chain and Manufacturing Agreements
- Collaboration Agreements
- Non-Competition Agreements
- Non-Disclosure Agreements (NDA) and Trade Secret Protection
- Technology Transfer Agreements (including University License Agreements)
- Joint Venture and Development Agreements
- End-User, Reseller, and OEM Agreements
- Development and Service Agreements
Mergers and Acquisitions
We represent and advise clients in each step of the process, from early-stage consultation, through the confidentiality agreement, letter of intent, due diligence, transaction documentation, closing, and post-closing. We also assist clients in obtaining necessary consents and approvals. Where necessary, we call upon the expertise of our network of attorneys in other practice areas, such as anti-trust, environmental, taxation, and employment law providing our clients with full service.
Our mergers and acquisitions services include:
- Due Diligence and Letter of Intent
- Stock Purchases, Asset Purchases, and Reorganizations
- Leveraged Buyouts
- Joint Ventures and Strategies
Non-Profit Legal services
We provide comprehensive legal services to a variety of non-profit organizations. Our clients include IRC §501(c)(3) organizations and other exempt categories, such as trade organizations, advocacy groups, and the like.
While non-profit organizations routinely confront legal issues common to all types of business, many matters are unique to non-profits, including the following:
- Organization of Non-Profit Entities, Governance Structures, and Fiduciary Responsibilities
- Development of Conflict of Interest and Board Policies
- Acquisition and Retention of Tax-Exempt Status Under Applicable Statutes
- Governance and Executive Compensation
- Compliance with Charitable Solicitation and Donation Laws and Regulations
Reach Out to Our Legal Team Today
Our services give businesses the legal help they need to thrive. Our strong relationships with the business community and oversight agencies give us the basis to counsel clients with a current and fully informed perspective. We can help you reach your business goals with creative and clear counsel, offering comprehensive advice on legal matters from a business perspective.
We advise our clients on how to conduct their business in a legal way, often working hand-in-hand with other professionals involved in the creation or growth of their businesses, such as entrepreneurs, financial advisors, and accountants. If a dispute arises between our clients or other third parties, we represent them in their day-to-day dealings, mediation, and in litigation.